Thursday, May 12, 2011

Season Opener in Minnesota-Eric Thompson update

Last weekend a couple team members, Eric Oftedahl and Lars Ellefson took advantage of an early season mountain bike race held at Hillside Park in Elk River. Eric went on to take the win in the Advanced division and Lars had a mechanical but still got some riding in on the day completing a lap with his dad, Jack. Full recaps from Eric and Lars are on the Midwest MTB Report on Skinnyski..check it out!

Eric racing in WORS cup last year.
Lars at WORS Cup last year.

Eric Thompson, elite team rider, recently completed his schooling at Les McRaes college and is gearing up for a big cyclocross season. Eric sent an update on his racing plans:

This season my aim is completely towards cyclocross season. After last year at cyclocross nationals I've been trying to plan out and concentrate on training for the elite cyclocross season starting in September after Chequamegon. Having said that, mountain bike as well as road races are going to be a part of my schedule this summer and fall. I plan to start out with a small amount of racing in the beginning of the season to allow for longer rides and training weeks, and at the middle to end of the summer I plan to increase my racing to build intensity.
During all of the summer and leading into the fall I will be racing for team Maplelag (including Chequamegon). The team has a great vibe and I am very thankful for all of your support you provide. Last year's race season was awesome and I would enjoy continuing it on for this season. In preparation for the cyclocross season I do plan to try and find a national team in order to help with travel expenses as well as equipment needs". Good luck Eric!

Eric racing to a 4th place finish in last years U23 National Championships.

Keep the wheels moving!!

No comments:

Post a Comment